Sunday, April 28, 2013

Skydiving...Yea....

Today I did my first solo jump....Let's just say it didn't as planned.

It began with the exit of the plane.  The winds were so strong that they pushed me out of a correct jump and I began sideways, fighting for control.  Fixing that, my jump was exciting down to the pulling of the parachute.  It opened, but had 5 line twist.  (Average 1 or 2)


This is an example of just ONE line twist

I cleared that up after 20 seconds.  My descent was dominated by me trying to get the slider back down to the normal position.  (It was at the very top of the line)


As I went in for my landing, the turbulence from the trees collapsed my chute and I fell 30 feet to the ground.

I gotta say I still passed the level and moved on to AFP Step 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment